Friday, February 14, 2014

The BIG 5

Our first born turned 5 on Christmas, how is that possible?  I avoided thinking about this for months leading up to his birthday.  He would turn a whole hand worth of years!  I feel the innocence of the preschool years slipping away and he is turning into a young boy.  Yet, he still loves to snuggle up for a good book and is always up for extra hugs.  He's a blend of sweet and sassy and his imagination keeps us entertained.  I have explained to Sam that no matter how old he is, he will always be my baby.  He doesn't grasp this, but it's true.  I remember the exact moment he came into this world and how our lives changed in an instant.  I hope I have taken enough photos to remember every little moment, because when I grow old and my memory fades these photographs are what I will have left to prove that he will always be one of my babies.

To celebrate this BIG 5 Sam chose to have a Gingerbread themed party with his friends.  We have been so blessed to find wonderful people to make us feel welcome here in Virginia and to help us celebrate with us.  We even had another party when all our family was visiting.  I think that fulfilled Sam's dreams of turning 5.

I made sure to capture Sam in a quick photo session.  I love this imaginative stage and hope he never loses that sense of adventure.  

I love those baby teeth and had to capture them.  By this time next year it is very likely they won't all be there :(







No comments:

Post a Comment