Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here's to 2012

I'm not quite sure where the last year went, but I do know that it flew by.  So one of my resolutions for the new year is to live in the moment more and to embrace contentment.  This world is so focused on what is the next best thing we can have, or getting the newest version of a gadget.  It's fast paced, competitive, and completely overwhelming out there at times.  The fact is, I can't control what goes on in the world, but we can somewhat control what happens in our own homes; at least how we choose to live day to day.  For me, the new year is about slowing down a bit and enjoying the little moments, because my boys are growing way too fast.  I don't want to look back this time next year and wish I would have paused for life more.  So I'm challenging myself to forget the laundry, dishes, and disorganization once in a while, and to get down on the floor and role play, read a book, and just listen to my kids every single day.  God gives us each day as a new slate and as an opportunity.  My days may not go as I have planned, I may not accomplish everything on my "to do" list, and I may not have huge successes to boast about.  I have my health, my family, and my faith and that is really enough.  The following verse is on our fridge, "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:18.  Whenever I'm in doubt I read that and remember that God is in control and to focus on what's really important.  Moving into a new year I look forward to seeing what is in store for me and give thanks for two beautiful little boys that I am privileged to watch grow each day and for a husband who provides for us and puts his family first.  We are truly blessed.

Pausing for one of those little moments to watch the boys sleep.

My pajama boys and sometimes we just have pajama days.

No comments:

Post a Comment