Tuesday, May 22, 2012

13.1

"Mom, are you going to run another half marathon" asked Sam yesterday (the day after I finished one).  My reply "Not for a while" as I am hobbling along pushing the stroller.  I finished in under 2 hours so beat my goal and surprised myself by beating my best half marathon time.  I have to say that's not too shabby since I haven't ran a half since before the boys were born.  I'm still not ready to run that full marathon, but maybe some day.  Thanks to a great friend for committing to the race with me, it kept me motivated.  And, thanks to a wonderful hubby who made sure I was able to get my long runs in and to my two boys for tagging along in the stroller when they had to. Hans was suppose to run it too, but he unfortunately injured his knee, but he was there to be our personal photographer and cheerleader.  So I guess I will have to run another half so we can do one together.


No comments:

Post a Comment