Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Irish Roots

No we did not eat corned beef and cabbage, mostly because I think I would have been the only one to eat it in our house.  But, yes, we did celebrate St. Patty's day, with Shamrock Shakes instead.  And that morning I celebrated by running in my first race in two years, it felt good to be back competing.  We have some strong Irish roots on both sides, but especially from my mom's family.  The Duffy's and Kane's are very proud of their heritage.  I want the boys to know where they came from and I have slowly been gathering artifacts from our ancestors, and, hopefully, by the time Sam and Zeke can grasp the concept of heritage I can share it all with them.  For now they are happy to know that they can wear green on St. Patty's day and are quite proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment